Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Learning Something New Everyday

I have heard this old adage of "learning something new everyday" many times. I believe it to be true, even on the days we don't realize we have learned something. I have been stuck in a rut of feeling like I am not learning or growing, but this past week that changed. I learned so much, some of it was fun and some of it really helped me grow. All of it is wonderful.

Fun thing #1- Tutu making. No I haven't made it yet but I have ordered the stuff and I have learned how to do it, I am excited and can't wait. I will post it for you when I get it.

Fun thing #2- Ribbon board. My girls have so many bows I couldn't handle them all so I made a board to keep them on. I think it's super cute.
(I did take 1/2 the bows off for the picture)
Fun thing #3- Fancy hair do's. This is a fun thing that came from something I needed to learn.
So #4 is Erin needs me. Long story short, Erin has been getting naughtier all the time, making me more stressed making her more naughty etc. After 1 long hard night where we both cried a lot I realized/learned that she needs me to understand her, love her more and really be there for her. So we started mommy time. I wake her up early before Lily gets up and I do her hair fun. We talk about anything. Dreams, jokes, stories and we even sing. It has been so good for both of us.
If you are interested 2 of my fav websites to get these from are http://hair4myprincess.blogspot.com/ andhttp://babesinhairland.blogspot.com/. These will also link you to a bunch of other blogs.
#5- Be less stressed and laugh more. My stress is wearing on me, on my children, on close family and close friends. I remember a talk in conference that talked a lot about learning to laugh. So instead of letting things stress me, I am laughing more and enjoying life more. The amazing thing is that both girls are behaving better.
These girls really are princesses
#6- What a wonderful resource friends and family are. While everything I have learned has been an answer to a prayer, I wouldn't have learned any of this without
you. So many of you through your friendship and caring and sharing have taught me so much. Your blogs help me learn and grow as well. Thank you for support and love. I really would not be the mother I am today without the help of ALL of you.

7 comments:

Rosander said...

Wow! You really amaze me! You seem to do it all and so well, not to mention you are very wise! I love the Mommy time, her hair is so cute!

Ashley said...

You are great Liz. Thanks for your insights. You are so talented too. I love the bows, the bow board and the hairdos! You sound like a super great Mom. I don't think I would do near as good without Chad as you do without James. You are amazing! Wish I could be of help, but sounds like you got it figured out!

Julie said...

Yes you are a wonderful, smart , caring and darling gal!!!!

Bonnie said...

What a delightful post! So fun to read what you're up to. I am a big fan of the Hurst crew!

Britt said...

I definitely feel like I don't learn anything quite often. I guess if I stepped back to look I'd see I learn more than I think I do.

Be careful with the tutu's. They're addicting to make and before you know it, you'll have a dozen tutu's just for your girls! (speaking from experience)

Trilea said...

I thought that was a beautiful entry Liz. I must be pregnant because I was crying through it. Thank you for inviting me to you blog.

McKenzie said...

Thanks for the link pages for hair. I was just thinking the other day that I need to break up the daily round brushing with something.

You're such a great mom!