Thursday, March 8, 2012

Precious Time

The past 3 weeks have been some of the longest and fastest 3 weeks ever.  But they have taught me how precious time is and how important family is. Since my last two posts have been big events I will update both of those now.

First baby Van hit 2 weeks old yesterday.  What a fun precious two weeks it has been.  His little boy spirit is certainly different than the 3 girls.  But he has certainly been a joy. 
At his 2 week check up he was his birth weight exactly 7.15lbs.  He is also 1 inch longer now 20 1/2 inches. His head size and wieght are at 50% and his height is 75%. So at the moment his is tall.  Other than that he is the spitting image of his dad.  The faces he makes are so James that they make me laugh. I really could just sit and watch Van make faces all day long they are so cute and funny.
Each baby I have teaches me more about how precious they are as a baby.  I really just want to treasure every moment.  Every cute face, every baby squeak, the smell of sweet baby breath and the way they feel when you hold them: like a piece of heaven.  Yes every moment spent with that baby is a little treasure.
One quick cute story.  On Sunday we went to my parents for family dinner. When it was time to go James was quicker than I was and had the 3 girls buckled and waiting for me and Van to come out.  After a moment of sitting and waiting Kaylee got very concerned and stared pointing to where baby Van should be saying "uh oh, uh, oh."  With increasing urgency.  She sure does like him, which brings me great relief.


Now some updates about my dad.  So the tumors in his brain are malignant.  So he has cancer again.  This is really not good news.   But on the good side every doctor is amazed at how well my dad is doing.  He is a fighter and is strong and that bodes very well.  Next Monday they will start radiation on his whole brain.  They will do this for 3 weeks in hopes that it will kill any cancer seeds/tumors they have not seen.  After that they will do a more focused radiation on the tumor that we know is there.  He is able to go to work as long as he wants to, and he is going more than I would:).  He really is amazing.

So yes time and family are so  precious and important.  

3 comments:

Michelle P. said...

Van is adorable! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds like a fighter. I hope everything goes well for your family!

Natalie said...

Amen and amen! What a precious little guy you have. Congratulations! I hope you are managing to get a little bit of sleep. We are praying for your dad. What a fighter! Life is so precious! Love you guys.

Rosander said...

Wow! I'm so sorry! Man Your poor dad! Let me know if I can do anything to help. We love you all and are keeping you all in our prayers. xoxo