Friday, April 30, 2010

Old Jeans- New Skirt

Erin had a favorite pair of jeans. She loved them and would wear them whenever possible. I admit I loved them too. But being a favorite jean sad things began to happen. A little hole in one knee. A little hole in another knee. Then trouble really started happening. You see Erin has this obsession with strings, she CANNOT leave them alone.
I have a theory that it is because her first blanket in her crib was a brand new rag quilt, (if your not familiar with a brand new rag quilt you need to know that it will produce little string for months.) And she got so use to little strings as a baby she now loves them as a child. She always has and I am afraid she always will. this obsession has cost us countless sock and tights that might have been saved.
Anyways her jeans little holes began producing little strings and she cant stop playing with and pulling at. Before we knew it the holes weren't so little any more and me being a really mean mom said that Erin couldn't wear them in public any longer.
Don't worry though, I made them into something Erin can love again. My MIL kept saying I needed to turn them into shorts, but I am afraid that since I have had so many shorts that were once jeans that I couldn't bear the thought. They just never looked right. So I decided on a skirt.
(Erin has entered this phase where she either over or under smiles, she cannot naturally smile on command)


Anyways I thought it turned out pretty cute. Erin really likes it too, but she is still a little sad about them not being comfy jeans any more.

5 comments:

Michael and Natalia said...

it looks cute, just like everything else you make! i need to unpack my sewing machine, too. great job!

The Maez Mommy said...

Wow!! You are amazing! I can't believe you turned her old pants into a skirt! Really cute!

The Maez Mommy said...

I was going to ask you also...how do you get your "our faith" button that is a link to mormon.org?? I'd love to add one to my blog....

Andrea said...

I think the skirt turned out perfect. Erin is such a cute little girl. I love the huge smile.

Natalie said...

so cute. You did a great job! Love the ruffle on the bottom.