Thursday, January 21, 2010

Super Cute

So I decided to take on an insane learning and craft adventure. I want this little baby girl to have a smocked blessing dress. So that means I needed to learn to smock. I asked around if anyone knew and my cousin sent me a link to lady who posted a tutorial on her blog. So I followed it and came up with this.I was presently surprised with how it turned out. So I got the stuff to start the baby dress. This week ended up being a perfect week to sit and do it because I have been sick. (Being sick and 8 1/2 months pregnant you can't do much besides sit around.) While the dress is not made the smocking is done and I think I love it. The flowers were the hardest part for me so forgive them please.
I will post pics of the whole dress when it's done. I am also thinking of making Erin and Lily smocked Easter dresses. Am I crazy?!?!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow Liz! You made that! It's beautiful. You are so talented. Way to figure it out!

Ashley said...

Oh and I can't wait to see the rest of the dress!

McKenzie said...

Yes you're totally crazy! But it's totally gorgeous! Good work and I can't wait to see the final project.

Britt said...

Yes. I can't sew worth a lick so I'm super impressed with your mad skills!

Rosander said...

I love that! It's so cute! That really is amazing!

Marie Grace said...

Its beautiful! Good for you for tackling something new!

Now I'll just wait for pictures of a wee baby in a pretty dress :-)

Natalie said...

AMAZING! Your mom told me about how you were doing this. I'm so impressed.

Michael and Natalia said...

Liz, it turned out beautiful! It looks like you've been doing this for ever. I am so impressed!!! Good job! and thank you for sharing the link, one day I may even try to make one for my girl :)

JeremyandMichelleB said...

Awesome as always!!!! Super cute, super mom!